The Downtown Artists Co-op is an association of local artists and patrons dedicated to promoting the visual arts in the Clarksville/ Montgomery County area. Founded in 2001 by a small group of local artists who had a vision of an art gallery in historic downtown Clarksville, it has since grown to include over 40 members
The DAC is more than just a gallery. Since its beginning, this group of artists has continued its mission of promoting visual arts through various activities, including
- hosting two regional juried art shows each year, one for art and one for photography;
- maintaining off-site galleries for local artists at the Public Library and at Tennova Hospital;
- hosting frequent art workshops open to the public
- Supporting numerous art-related organizations and events including plein air painting groups, Arts for Hearts, the Arts and Heritage Development Council, and Children’s Art Month,
- Additionally, DAC helped start and continues to support Frolic on Franklin and the First Thursday Art Walk.
In order to continue to be a viable force for promoting visual art in the region, the DAC hosts an annual Art Auction Gala fundraiser. This year’s auction will be Friday, April 13, from 6:00 to 9:00 at F&M Bank in the Franklin Room. Door prizes include original pieces by Tom Rice, Charles Young, and Jim Diehr. Tickets may be purchased from any DAC member or at the Gallery at 96 Franklin Street.
Attached are some images of artwork which were offered at last year’s gala.
Bourbon and Jazz by Bob Privett City Walk by Gail Meyer Showtime by Beverly Parker